Sunday, August 17, 2014

PTI Make It Monday #176: Backgrounds with Embossing Paste and Shakers & Sprinkles set!!!

Time for some Make it Monday!!!  This was kind of a failure...we did not have white embossing paste on hand, so we substituted with Multi-Medium Matte.  That was more like a glue, so our stencil's didn't work very well.  Plus on my first try, I forgot to scrape off the excess.  What a mess!  I think Emily and I used about half a roll of paper towel :)  In any case, we have no ordered white embossing paste, and we'll give this challenge a try again when we have the right supplies on hand!  


We also played around with the Shakers and Sprinkles set for the first time.  We were SO EXCITED to finally get this set!  We had tons of fun and took lots of notes, so that next time we can assemble our projects faster.  Emily tried hers with glitter instead of sprinkles, and got a pretty cool effect.






2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun! I also tried multi-medium matte...to runny. I mixed paint, Elmer's glue and baby powder and that worked better! I also have an order of embossing paste on the way =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant!! Baby Powder would have been a great addition to our concoction :)

      Delete